Underground Parkade Break-Ins
As you are all no doubt aware, the building’s underground parkade has recently suffered from a spate of break-ins. Thus far, we know of at least five vehicles that have been hit. Initially, we suspected the cause was tied to a stolen remote control for the parkade’s garage door opener.
However, another incident occurred earlier this weekend after the deletion of 12 undocumented entries. We later learned that several realtor lockboxes went missing sometime in the past two weeks. In light of this new information, we will need to take several measures:
- Given the likelihood that at least several keys are currently in the hands of thieves, we will need to re-key the building.
- For safety’s sake, we will also be deleting all remote access and reprogramming people’s remotes. At this moment, it’s uncertain if there are still compromised remotes in the wild, so it’s better to be safe than sorry.
- We will be permanently removing key access to the underground parkade. Anyone who doesn’t have a remote will need to obtain one.
- Effective immediately, realtors may no longer store their lockboxes outside the building. Residents planning to sell their suites must make other arrangements to grant realtors access.
- The board will plan a special meeting to discuss any further weaknesses in the building’s security, and the best route to address those weaknesses.
To restore your remote control to working order and coordinate the delivery of a new key, you can email email@example.com. We would also like to emphasize that you can also reach out with any further questions, comments, or concerns. This incident has been both frustrating and jarring for all of us.
Rest assured, we want to keep the building and its residents safe as much as you do.
We will provide further updates as soon as they are available. In the meantime, please report any damage or vandalism you encounter on the property by e-mail to the board and the property manager (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you witness an incident in progress, call 911 immediately.